Dr. Nitu Mundra has more than 7 years of clinical experience in management of critical newborns. She has completed her DM Neonatology from prestigious Seth G. S Medical College and KEM Hospital, Mumbai, Maharashtra. She has also passed DrNB Neonatology exam to add another feather to her cap She has secured her MD Pediatrics from esteemed R.G Kar Medical College & Hospital, Kolkata, West Bengal and has also cleared DNB Paediatric exit exam. She passed her MBBS with 5 distinction and 2 gold medals from Midnapur Medical College, Midnapur, West Bengal, India. Dr. Nitu is Skilled in Managing Complicated critical Neonatological cases. Her areas of interest include advance Ventilation, Development supportive care, quality improvement and family centered care.
- First rank in DM (Neonatology) Examination of MUHS, Nashik University, 2019
- 2nd rank in MD (Pediatrics ) Examination of WBUHS, West Bengal University, 2015
- 2nd Position at National level, TYSA Paedia Award, 2014
- 1st Position in College level clinical case presentation organised by IAP WB Chapter, 2014
- “Dr. Tapan kr Ghosh award” for Poster Presentation in State Conference, WBIAP, 2014
- 1st Position in IAP Paediatric Quiz, College round, 2014
- Recipient of the prestigious “Dr. Ranu Basu Chowdhury memorial” GOLD MEDAL award for standing First in university in Preventive Social Medicine in 3rd yr MBBS, 2009
- Awarded Senior Class Assistant in Preventive Social Medicine, 2009
- GOLD MEDAL for standing First in college in pathology in 2nd year MBBS, 2008
- Awarded short term scholarship from ICMR in 2008
- MBBS Exams, College – Rank: 1st Rank in Third Year, 2nd Rank in Second and Final Year
- Five distinctions in MBBS University exams in subjects of Microbiology, Pathology, ENT, Ophthalmology, Preventive Social Medicine.
- Mundhra N desai S et al. A Quality Improvement Initiative Study to Improve
- Breastfeeding Rates in Kangaroo Mother Care Position. Breastfeed Med
- 2021 04 27;16(4):313-317. E pub 2021 Jan 27.
- Mascarhenas D, Goel M, Mundhra N et al, Covid 19 infection in newborn.
- Indian J Pediatr 2021 04 27;88(4):394. Epub 2020 Nov 27.
- Das A, Mundhra N et al, Takayasu Arteritis: A 4-year-old girl presenting with
- Heart Failure – Case Report and Literature Review. Journal of Paediatric Sciences, 2014
- Research projects:
- Correlation of superior mesenteric artery pulsatility index with time to reach full feeds in very low birth weight neonates.
- Pain assessment in neonate during routine hearing assessment by revised premature infant pain profile (R-PIPP) scale.
- Platelet distribution width: association with neonatal sepsis.
- Correlation between thyroid profile and cardiac status in multitransfused nonchelated thalassemia patients
- A quality initiative study to increase the milk bank donation in milk bank post COVID.
- A quality initiative study to reduce the time to reach colostrum in baby admitted to NICU.