Dr. Pavan Pai is a Consultant in Neurology and Neurointerventions at Wockhardt Hospital, Mira Road. He is one of the few Neurologists who is trained to perform Neurointerventions in India. After completing his superspecialization in Neurology, he underwent a two years post-doctoral fellowship in Neurovascular Interventions from the prestigious KEM Hospital, Pune. Dr. Pavan has vast experience in treating neurological diseases such as Stroke, Epilepsy, Parkinson’s Disease, Dementia, Headache, Vertigo, Multiple Sclerosis, Myasthenia Gravis, and Peripheral Neuropathy. He has expertise in performing Neurointerventions such as Mechanical Thrombectomy, Carotid and Vertebral Artery Stenting, Intracranial Artery Stenting, Aneurysm Coiling and Complex AVM and Tumour Embolisations. His area of interest is Acute Stroke Management and is in charge of a comprehensive stroke care programme at our hospital.
Member of World Stroke Organisation European Stroke Organisation
- “Young Stroke due to ACA Dissection Secondary to Fibromuscular Dysplasia” World Stroke Congress 2018 Montreal, Canada.
- “Flow Diverter Devices in Ruptured Intracranial Aneurysms” European Stroke Organisation Conference 2019, Milan, Italy.
- “Symptomatic ICAT: Strategy of Initial Anticoagulation followed by delayed CAS” Selected for ESO-WSO Joint Conference 2020 at Vienna, Austria.
- World Stroke Organisation Brief Clinical Exchange 2020. (Only one from India among five recipents of the award) selected for observership at University of Miami, USA, Miller School of Medicine, Endovascular Division.
- Tata trusts professional enhancement grant 2020.
- Indian Academy of Neurology Travel Fellowship 2019.
- Bombay Neurosciences Association Scholarship 2019.
- Victor and Clara Soriano Young Investigator Award 2018.