Dr. Puneet Bhuwania has more than 10 years of clinical experience. He has completed his DrNB Nephrology from KG Hospital and PG institute, Coimbatore; passed MD Medicine from DY Patil University, Pune, and has also secured DNB medicine from the national board of examinations, Delhi. He has passed his MBBS from the esteemed Rajiv Gandhi University of health sciences, Karnataka. Dr.Puneet is skilled in managing complicated nephrology cases and has collected more than 200 transplants till now.
- Awarded Second prize in a National conference (GERICON) for a paper presentation: in 2015
- Stood First Overall (Batch of 2014) in the Department of Medicine: 2017
- Best Resident of the year: KG Hospital and Post-graduate Institute, Coimbatore: 2018-19
- Awarded prize for best nephrology thesis by SVIMS University in 2020-21.
- Diggikar P, Satpathy PK, Jain K, Bhuwania P, Baldania D, et al. Clinical Profile of Anemia in Elderly population. Journal of Medical Science
- And clinical Research. Valley International; 2015 Sep 29;
- Bhuwania P, Veerappan I, Sethuraman R. A rare case of type 4 rapidly progressive glomerulonephritis (atypical) with mesangial IgA deposits: A case report. Indian Journal of Nephrology. 2021 Sep 1;31(5):488. doi: 10.4103/ijn.IJN_364_20.
- Bhuwania P, Veerappan I, Sethuraman R. Evaluation of alternate-day valganciclovir prophylaxis for cytomegalovirus disease prevention in moderate risk renal transplant patients: A retrospective observational study. Indian Journal of Transplantation. 2021 Apr 1;15(2):104. doi: 10.4103/ijot.ijot_84_20.
- Bhuwania P, Veerappan I, Sethuraman R, Rajgopal A. Effect of intestinal dialysis using polyethylene glycol on fluid balance and thirst in maintenance hemodialysis patients: A comparative study. Therapeutic Apheresis and Dialysis. 2021 Jul 18. doi: 10.1111/1744- 9987.13707.
- Bhuwania P. Every-Other-Day Valganciclovir Prophylaxis for cytomegalovirus prevention in Kidney transplant recipients: A Single-Center Experience. Austin journal of nephrology and hypertension. 2021 Nov 10. http://doi.org/10.26420/austinnephrolhypertens.2021.1100.
- Reviewer in national and international journals
- Medicine clinical orientation for BDS students.
- Medicine orientation classes for aspiring MBBS doctors.
- Certified examiner/evaluator for MBBS aspirants.
- Teaching faculty for B.Sc. Dialysis technology course.