Dr. Manish K Hinduja
M.S., M.Ch.(CTVS), D.N.B.(CTS)- Gold medallist
Consultant: Cardio Vascular & Thoracic Surgery, Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery
Dr. Manish Hinduja is an internationally acclaimed Cardio Thoracic & Vascular Surgeon working as Full Time Consultant at Wockhardt Hospital, Mira Road. He has over 9 years of experience and has operated more than 5000 cases.
He is a Gold medallist and was awarded "Best Outgoing Student" during MBBS. He has done his surgical training (M.S. General Surgery & M.Ch. Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery) from the very prestigious Institute, PGIMER Chandigarh.
After completion of M.Ch, he has worked as Assistant professor & thereafter as Associate professor at U. N. Mehta Institute of Cardiology, B.J. Medical College, Ahmedabad. Dr. Hinduja is also a DNB Gold medallist and has received the prestigious C. S. SADASIVAM Award from the National Board of Examinations.
Dr. Hinduja has further pursued an International fellowship in Advanced Cardiac Surgery (focussing on Minimally invasive cardiac surgery and Heart transplant) at Ottawa, Canada under Prof. Marc Ruel who is a pioneer of Minimally invasive cardiac surgery in the world.
He is also an editorial board member of the Indian Journal of Thoracic & Cardiovascular Surgery and Reviewer of many other national and international journals.ABSTRACTS & PRESENTATIONS:
- Comparison of 5 year Outcomes of Conventional Vs Minimally invasive CABG using only Bilateral internal mammary arteries: Propensity matched analysis,ISMICS 2018, Vancouver, Canada
- Outcome of minimally invasive approach for intracardiac repair of tetrology of fallot patients ISMICS 2017, Rome, Italy
- Results of minimally invasive total arterial multivessel MIDCAB ISMICS 2017, Rome, Italy
- Minimal Invasive Approach For Intracardiac Repair Of Tetrology Of Fallot- Oral & Video presentation ISMICS 2017, Rome, Italy
- Early outcomes of total arterial, off pump multivessel MICS CABG, IACTSCON, 2017 (Oral presentation)
- Minimal invasive approach for total correction of Tetralogy of Fallot, IACTSCON, 2017 (Oral presentation)
- Multivessel Total Arterial MIDCAB- initial expirience, IACTSCON, 2016 (Oral presentation)
- Extra-anatomical bypass for coarctation of aorta, IACTS, 2014 (Oral presentation)
- Treatment of refractory post-operative CABG ventricular arrhythmias, IACTS, 2015 (Oral presentation)
- Early v/s late mortality in acute pancreatitis: analysis of 180 patients, IHPBA 2011, Melbourne, Australia (selected for young scientist award)
- Hinduja M, Yadava OP. First nationwide survey on the experience of Indian cardiac surgeons About international fellowship programs. IJTCVS (inpress) (DOI:10.1007/s12055-018-0736-x)
- Hinduja M, Wadhawa V, Rana SS, et al. Comparison of preoperative noninvasive and intraoperative measurements of aortic annulus. J. Evid. Based Med.Healthc.2016; 3(80), 4310-4317. DOI:10.18410/jebmh/2016/919
- Doshi C, Hinduja M, Wadhawa V, et al. A single centre experience with coronary endarterectomy in patients undergoing off-pump coronary artery bypass grafting. J. Evid . Based Med. Healthc. 2017;4(11),578-583. DOI:10.18410/jebmh/2017/113
- Amit Mishra, Anil Jain, Manish Hinduja, Vivek Wadhawa, Ramesh Patel, Nikunj Vaidhya, Dayesh Rodricks, Hardik Patel. Transposition of Great Arteries with Intramural Coronary Artery: Experience with a Modified Surgical Technique. Braz J Cardiovasc Surg 2016;31(1):15-21
- Wadhawa V, Hinduja M, Rana SS, et al. Hypomagnesaemia and role of magnesium supplementation during cardiopulmonary bypass in pediatrics cardiac surgery. J.Evid. Based Med. Healthc. 2016; 3(7),209-215.DOI: 10.18410/jebmh/2016/49
- Doshi C, Wadhawa V, Hinduja M, et al. Techniques and early results of mini left thoracotomy approach for repair of tetralogy of Fallot. J. Evid. Based Med. Healthc. 2017; 4(18), 1014-1018. DOI: 10.18410/jebmh/2017/199
- Amit Mishra, Hardik Patel, Komal Shah, Manish Hinduja, Vivek Wadhawa, Pratik Shah, Himani Pandya, Jigar Patel, Jigar Surti. Polymeric sealant (coseal) is it worth in congenital heart surgery. American Journal of Advanced Medical & Surgical Research, 2015;1(1):41-43.
- Anil Kumar Jain, Chirag Doshi, Manish Hinduja, Kinnaresh Bariya, Nikunj Vaidhya, Pratik Shah. Influence of diabetes mellitus on operative outcome of coronary artery bypass grafting. Journal of evidence based medicine and healthcare, pISSN- 2349-2562, eISSN- 2349-2570/ Vol. 2/Issue 57/Dec. 17, 2015
- Manish Hinduja,Amit Mishra,Ritesh Shah.Congenital coronary sinus aneurysm. Asian Cardiovascular and Thoracic Annals. July,2014. DOI: 10.1177/0218492314543931.
- Jignesh Kothari,Manish Hinduja,Kinnaresh Baria,Himani Pandya:Ascending aortic aneurysm And diaphragmatic hernia in a case of Marfan syndrome.Asian cardiovascular & thoracic annals 02/2017;,DOI:10.1177/0218492317693694
- Amit Mishra,Manish Hinduja,Atul Solanki.Novel technique for pediatric ostial cardioplegia delivery. Asian Cardiovascular and Thoracic Annals. July2014. DOI: 10.1177/0218492314544130
Fellowship- Advanced Cardiac Surgery, University of Ottawa, Canada
With more than 9 years of experience in Cardiac Surgery, he has performed more than 5,000 open heart surgeries in patients ranging from neonate to octogenarians which include:
• Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery
o Port access (keyhole) Surgery for valvular disease
o Minimally invasive beating heart bypass surgery
o ASD closure through mini thoracotomy
o Cardiac tumour (LA myxoma) excision through mini thoracotomy
• Off pump Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) by total arterial revascularisation
• Mitral and Aortic Valve repair/replacement
• Paediatric heart surgery for congenital heart diseases
• Cardiac arrhythmia surgery
• Aortic surgery (aneurysm and dissection)
• ECMO support
• Redo cardiac surgery
• Thoracic surgery including VATS
• Carotid endarterectomy
• Peripheral arterial disease surgery including vascular trauma