With increasing interest in sports and exercise in India, sports injuries have become very common. Injuries sustained during sports or exercise can limit performance of sports person and prevent him from achieving full potential.
Today the speciality of sports medicine, also known as sport and exercise medicine is a branch that deals with physical fitness and the treatment and prevention of injuries related to sports and exercise.
It helps people suffering from pain, injury or illness involving the musculoskeletal system of all ages to maintain their health and fitness recover from and prevent injury.
The Sports Medicine Department is effectively providing the best treatment regimens with a collaborative effort of our physiotherapy department and the orthopaedic speciality department.
An integrated approach is adopted towards injury management with specialised orthopaedic consultancy, musculoskeletal imaging and state-of-the-art arthroscopic & minimally invasive surgery.
Management of Sports Injury include:
- Injury Management: Injury assessment and treatment
- Exercises Program: Sports/activity-specific exercises and training
- Electro therapeutic modalities
Sport Injuries we deal with:
Injuries of Foot & ankle
- Ankle sprain & Avulsion Fractures
- Stress fractures
- Ankle impingement
- Tendinopathy of the heel cord and ruptures
- Ligament injuries (ACL, PCL, MCL, Posterolateral corner)
- Meniscal tears
- Nonspecific knee pain
- Instability of knee cap (patella)
- Hip pain and clicking
- FAI (Femora – Acetabular Impingement)
- Sports hernia
- Nonspecific shoulder pain
- Shoulder impingement
- Recurrent Shoulder dislocation
- Collar bone fractures and separation
- Rotator cuff tendinitis & tears
- Tennis elbow, golfers elbow
- Elbow instability, ligament tears
- Tendon ruptures
- Ligament tears and fractures
- Acute sprains and strains