Dr Ashwin Uday Borkar
MBBS, MS (Gen. Surgery), M.Ch. (Neurosurgery),Fellowship in Neurosurgical Oncology,Fellowship in Neuroendoscopic Surgery (Brain & Spine)
Dr Ashwin Borkar is a fellowship trained neurosurgeon with an enriched 7 years of neurosurgical experience and currently practicing as a Consultant Neurosurgeon in the esteemed Wockhardt Hospital (North Mumbai). Dr Borkar completed his postgraduation in General surgery ( M.S ) from Govt. Medical college ( GMC ) Aurangabad and went on to pursue a MCh degree in neurosurgery from the prestigious Bombay Hospital Institute of medical sciences , Mumbai under the mentorship of Dr C E Deopujari.
After completing his residency he further went on to complete a clinical fellowship in neuro-oncology at the prestigious ‘ Tata Memorial Hospital” , Mumbai. He then moved to Delhi NCR to receive an advanced training in spine surgery with a focus on spinal instrumentation and minimally invasive spine surgeries. His academic contribution to research is reflected in various publications and presentations at national and international level.
- Life member of Neurological society of India
- Life member of Bombay Neurosciences association
- Life member of Association of surgeons of India
- MBBS - S.B.H Government medical college, Dhule
- M.S ( General surgery ) - Government Medical college, Aurangabad
- M.Ch. (Neurosurgery ) - Bombay Hospital and medical research institute, Mumbai
- Neuro-oncology fellowship – Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
Dr Borkar has an experience of over 2000 cranial and spine surgeries. His expertise include,
- Tumours of the brain and spinal cord (Neuro- oncology )
- Cranio-spinal trauma
- Spine surgeries – disc prolapse, decompressive surgeries for spinal stenosis, pedicle screw and fixations, minimally invasive spine surgery.
- Fellowship in Neuro-endoscopy – Jabalpur
Publications and Presentations
- A large primary orbital lymphoma with proptosis – A Case report and review . Ashwin U Borkar, Kapil Jain, Vijendra K Jain. surgicalneurologyint. 04 -Dec 2018; 9:249
- Continuous Dynamic subcortical mapping using a monopolar suction device in a child - case report and technical note. Moiyadi A, Velayutham P, Borkar A, Singh V . J Pediatr Neurosci 2018;13:279-82
- Tetraventricular Atypical Central Neurocytoma. Singh V, Borkar A, Moyadi A, Shetty P;World Neurosurg. 2019 Feb ;122:454-457
- Idiopathic spinal cord herniation: Case report and review of literature . Mohanty C, Borkar A, Karmarkar V, Deopujari C E. J Neurosurg Imaging , Apr 2016 1 (1) :12 – 16
- Oncogenic osteomalacia in skull base tumours(Poster presentation at NSI 2015)
- A case of “Lhermitte Duclos disease” (presentation)
- Colloid cyst within septum pellucidum- a rare presentation
- 2 rare presentations of mesencephalic bleed in children (presentation)
- An unusual case of brainstem tumour
Awards & Honors
- Awarded “Best resident paper” at BNA in 2015 for paper presentation
- Awarded Fellowship in Neuroendoscopy at 13th Neuroendoscopy fellowship programme Jabalpur (April 2018).