The Emergency Department has been designed to enhance every aspect of the patient-centered care experience. The Emergency Department at the Wockhardt Hospitals, Mira Road is a highly efficient and clinically excellent unit that provides around-the-clock care for all types of medical & Surgical emergencies. The ER unit is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and offers a multitude of services for those seeking emergency medical attention.
5 Reasons to choose Wockhardt emergency medical services in Emergencies.
We are a Level 1 trauma facility
Trauma Facility Centres are broadly classified into 5 levels on the basis of the quality of care they offer. Wockhardt EMS is Level 1 Trauma Facility, the highest of all levels, as it has in-house 24*7 surgical specialists and sub-specialists (surgeons, neurosurgeons, orthopaedic surgeons, plastic surgeons, anaesthesiologists) available to treat even the most severe cases.
We stabilize patients through specialized emergency care Codes
After evaluating the nature of an emergency, we treat patients through specialized care codes. Through quick intervention by our experts, we are able to identify the patient’s condition and immediately begin treatment.
- Emergency Heart attack Care code
- Emergency Stroke Care code
- Trauma Care code
- Emergency Surgical care code
We’re equipped to handle any kind of emergency
Our emergency units are assembled in a manner to have experts from various departments work collaboratively on each patient.
- 24×7 Emergency rescue team
- Specialized infrastructure
- Standard operating system ( SOP’s)
Ambulance & Care outside the Hospital Support
All our ambulances are well furnished with lifesaving equipment’s, consisting of an Emergency physician, a rescue nurse along with additional specialists. Our ER on wheels has 24×7 communication access to on-site team of super specialists in the hospital. This enables us to begin treating most critical cases even before they reach the hospital.
- Gear for Emergency
- Safest Patient Transfer
- Always Prompt Response
Advanced tech in the emergency room
Easy to remember and access, emergency number: 8108181081
In-ER point of care testing and blood bank services
Dedicated elevators for speedy transfer of patients to the operating theatres and intensive care units
Our emergency center is a small hospital within a hospital, comprising of round-the-clock clinicians and well-trained nurses with multi-disciplinary knowledge and skills,
enabling them to provide comprehensive, urgent, unscheduled care in the areas of:
- Anaesthesiology (difficult airway management)
- Intensive care medicine (trauma resuscitation)
- Cardiac (cardiac arrest treatment)
- Obstetrics & gynaecology (manage a pregnant patient with vaginal bleeding)
- Orthopaedic (saving limbs)
- Paediatric patients (evaluate high fever)
Critical emergencies routinely handled:
- Severe physical injuries, such as cuts, deep wounds, broken or fractured bones, and concussions
- Severe allergic reactions that result in swelling, hives, or difficulty breathing
- Severe Headache & Seizures
- Abdominal pains
- Head, neck, or spinal injuries
- Cardiac issues, stroke, or chest pain
- Difficulty in breathing
- High fever
- Food poisoning
- Pregnancy-related issues
- Newborn care & Paediatric emergencies
- Foreign body (FB) ingestion in children
Few key highlights:
- 8 fully monitored beds including two triage beds with standardized equipment like a defibrillator, multipara monitors, ventilator Facility [Artificial Respirator], central oxygen and suction facility, crash cart with emergency lifesaving drugs.
- Attached is Minor OT with anaesthesiology equipment for performing emergency procedures.
- Defibrillation & Synchronised Cardioversion for Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- 24*7 PCI Center and 24*7 Stroke Center.
- Cath lab, CT scan, MRI, and X-ray facility for quick access and diagnosis
- Pediatric emergency assessment bed, New-born transport incubator
- 24*7 Trauma team support & Operation Theatre preparedness for immediate surgery
- USG Screening Echo & e-FAST scan in Trauma
- Emergency Dialysis, Telemedicine Support from Emergency Consultants
- Point of care testing for Blood gas & Renal profile
- Advanced care ambulance, meant for transportation of unstable patients, is equipped with a defibrillator, multipara monitor, ventilator, oxygen, suction, scoop stretcher, spine board, head immobilizer, spencer trolley stretcher, emergency drugs, etc.