Physiotherapy is a rehabilitation science that aims to restore the movement and function of an individual who is affected by injury, illness, or disability. Physiotherapy is not limited to rehabilitation of injury and the effects of disease or disability but physiotherapist also provides education and advice for health promotion, disease, and injury prevention.
Our team at Wockhardt Hospital, Mira Road are highly qualified professionals to focus on the science of movement in helping people restore and maximize their physical strength, function, and overall well-being.
Apart from the skilled professionals, we have excellent modern facilities and equipment. We evaluate patients and provide comprehensive programs and solutions to clinically manage the patient. We strive to maintain the highest quality of patient care and personalized treatment to bring positive and effective results.
Conditions Treated and Managed at our Center are:
- Neurological Rehabilitation- Stroke, Parkinson’s, Spinal Cord Injuries, etc
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation- Post Fractures, Ligament Reconstruction surgeries, Joint Replacements, etc
- Joint pain (Acute and Chronic)
- Spine-related injuries (Spondylosis, Spondylolisthesis, Disc prolapse, etc)
- Ligament injuries
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Stroke, Parkinson’s, Spinal Cord Injuries
- Facial Palsy
- Post Cardiac procedures and Orthopaedic procedures
- Overuse Injuries
This specialty focuses on individuals dealing with disabilities due to breaks in the bone or various muscular strains and ligament sprains. This also helps individuals to prevent problems that can arise due to improper ergonomics.
Wockhardt hospital, Mira road uses a wide range of equipment, which is used in conjunction with manual therapy to diagnose and treat various musculoskeletal injuries after performing a detailed assessment during consultation. This specific form of rehabilitation is for all those who undergo various orthopedic surgeries such as ligament repair, and fracture fixation and also those who wish to prevent injuries.
Few of the Services offered are listed below:
- Detailed assessment with outcome measures
- Treatment modalities such as TENS, IFT, Electrical Muscle Stimulation, Ultrasound therapy, etc
- Advances Combination Modality Therapy
- Intermittent Traction for Cervical and Lumbar area
- Hydro Collator Therapy
- Manual Therapy- Maitland, Mulligan, McKenzie, etc
- Kinesio taping
- Ergonomic guidance
- Customized training Programmes
- Strength training with Weights, Therabands, Theratubes
- Hand Rehabilitation
- Equipment such as Cycle and Treadmill
- Gait Training with Orthosis – Walker, Stick, or independent walking training.
Pediatric Physiotherapy Rehabilitation at our department includes intensive rehab of children below 18 years of age who are diagnosed with developmental disorders. The age group includes newborns and infants, toddlers, and adolescents. We treat conditions like cerebral palsy, Erb’s palsy, Congenital Talipes Equinovarus, disorders of the Autism spectrum, sensory processing disorders, learning and coordination difficulties, and various genetic conditions. Our therapy focuses a lot on the enhancement of a child’s functional abilities and helping him reach their age-appropriate optimal level of function. Pediatric therapeutic interventions are majorly based on neurodevelopmental treatment and sensory integration.
- Neurodevelopmental treatment (NDT):
NDT is a client-centered, hands‐on, problem-solving approach used in the management of children who have disorders of function, movement, or postural control because of the damage to the nervous system. The NDT approach not only targets the patients’ sensory‐motor problems but also involves the child as a whole, including the emotional, social, and functional problems that the individual has to face in his or her daily life.
- Sensory Integration (SI):
The sensory integration approach works mainly on the impairments of processing the senses like visual, tactile, auditory, olfactory, vestibular, and gustatory. Sensory integration uses a holistic approach to treating a child. Here we use special sensory play for children to gain their interest in therapy and thus work on their sensory processing.
Cardiac rehab is a medically supervised program designed to improve your cardiovascular health if you have experienced a heart attack, heart failure, angioplasty, or any heart surgery. The heart is a muscular organ that can be strengthened by doing two types of exercises, Aerobic exercises and strengthening exercises.
- Aerobic exercises: This physical activity program combines exercises that benefit your heart such as walking, jogging, swimming or stair climbing for overall stamina and flexibility
- Strengthening exercise: This physical activity programs your heart to pump and your entire cardiovascular system to work. This can be done by weight training and stretch bands.
Cardiac rehabilitation also helps you to regulate your blood pressure and weight loss, and also regulate your blood sugar.
Here, at Wockhardt Hospital, Mira Road physiotherapy department we provide cardiac rehabilitation for all heart conditions.
Neurological rehabilitation (rehab) is a doctor-supervised program designed for people with diseases, injuries, or disorders of the nervous system. Neurological rehab can often improve function, reduce symptoms, and improve the well-being of the patient.
A neurological rehab program is designed to meet your individual needs, depending on your specific problem or disease. Active involvement of you and your family is vital to the success of the program.
The goal of neurological rehab is to help you return to the highest level of function and independence possible while improving your overall quality of life — physically, emotionally, and socially.
To help reach these goals, neurological rehab programs may include:
- Help with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as eating, dressing, bathing, toileting, handwriting, cooking, and basic housekeeping
- Activities to improve mobility (movement), muscle control, gait (walking), and balance
- Exercise programs to improve movement, prevent or decrease weakness caused by lack of use, manage spasticity and pain, and maintain range of motion
- Help with obtaining assistive devices that promote independence
What is Sports rehabilitation:
Sports rehabilitation includes working with patients to (1)help identify and prevent injuries, (2)if injured then to optimize healing, alleviate pain and recover (3)put them on a fast-tracked path to a safe return to athletic activities, and (4)avoiding re-injury.
“ We help our patients achieve the best possible outcomes in the shortest recovery times through high-quality treatment and compassionate care”
Conditions covered include a range of conditions like:
- Pains, strains, and sprains in ankles, knees, neck, shoulder, groin, hip, etc
- Back pain- lower back pain, sciatica, disc problems, and more
- Post-operative rehabilitation (spinal, shoulder, and knee surgery, joint replacements)
- Lower limbs: knee or hip replacements, Achilles tendinopathy, cruciate ligament rehabilitation
- Upper limbs: tennis elbow, collarbone fracture/displacement, carpal tunnel syndrome,
- Others like: chronic pain, arthritis,post-trauma including fractures, bursitis, repetitive strain injuries- shin splints, stress fractures, etc
- Injuries with an uncertain diagnosis, whether short-lived to long-term conditions.
- Bio-mechanical (muscular imbalances) issues diminishing performance
“ Freeing patients from pain and improving health”
What we offer :
- Tailor-made programs to improve performance of the amateur and professional athlete
- Remedial exercises for those who do not need surgery as well as pre and post-surgery rehab
- Manual therapy at its best treats a number of soft tissue ailments
- A dedicated space for sport-specific training
- Resistance, proprioceptive, balance, and sport-specific agility training.
- Trained and efficient staff to manage your condition
- Treatment will incorporate evidence-based therapeutic intervention and exercises, the treatment plan is then monitored and modified when needed.
“Physiotherapy: Motivation through movement”
- The sports clinic is built by practitioners who passionately promote healthy lifestyles and prevent injuries from reoccurring.
- In-house imaging, diagnosis & treatment options ( conservative/surgical), full-time experienced doctors to treat, operate and rehabilitate, well-equipped ultramodern operation theaters, dedicated multidisciplinary team.
- Committed to excellence in care and getting you back to doing what you love.